Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Keyless ignitions pose carbon monoxide danger.

WNCN-TV Raleigh-Durham, NC (3/7, Hyland, 1K) reports on its website that care keyless ignition pose a danger, as people are getting carbon monoxide poisoning when they accidentally leave the vehicles running in garages. In 2011, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration “issued a proposed rule to require alarm systems, calling this issue a ‘clear safety problem.’” An agency spokeswoman said the agency “is considering the public comments … as it determines a path forward on issues associated with keyless ignition systems.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment