Tuesday, January 26, 2021

 

MANTRA

A mantra can help keep us focused or bring us back to reminding us what is important to us. A mantra such as, “I cannot always control what happens to me or around me, but, I can control how I choose to react to it,” can help us control our temper or anxiety and keep us grounded. A mantra when we are running up that hill, such as “I am strong” “I am strong,” can keep us moving and pushing forward. A mantra such as: “thank you God for this beautiful day and all the goodness it will bring” is a way to practice gratitude. A mantra when we are going to trial, deposition, or give a presentation, when our nerves are running high, such as “I am calm,” “I am calm ” can keep us relaxed and focused. A mantra allows us to keep calm, relax, stay focused and remind ourselves we are prepared and quite ready and perfectly capable of accomplishing the task at hand, while keeping us within our mission and value system we have created for ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment