Friday, August 4, 2023

 

                                                  


WHO ARE YOU?

Don’t let the expectations and opinions of other people

affect your decisions. It’s your life, not theirs. Do what

matters most to you; do what makes you feel alive and

happy. Don’t let the expectations and ideas of others limit

who you are. If you let others tell you who you are, you are

living their reality — not yours. There is more to life than

pleasing people. There is much more to life than following

others’ prescribed path. There is so much more to life than

what you experience right now. You need to decide who

you are for yourself. Become a whole being. Adventure.”

                                        Roy T. Bennett

It is an innocent, throwaway question, or is it? It is much deeper than

that and really goes to the core of our being. Our soul. Why we are

here? What we are going to do with our lives? Are we merely uniform

parts or cogs to fit in a predetermined system? Parts. Throw away parts

that are easily replaceable? That would seem what society trains us

for. Are we machines who are programmed to go to work, earn money,

pay taxes, then punch out and “die”? I think not. We are divine spirits

placed in our roles and placed through some higher power, in this

space, in this time, in this set of circumstances. What are we going

to choose to do with all we have been gifted? Be uniform parts in a

predetermined uniform system? No, not I! I choose to accept what I

cannot control but know what I can control and steer my own divine

ship. Take care of my mind. Take care of my body. Take care of my

spirit. Take care of other people whose lives cross paths with my own.

Whatever I am called on to do I will do it and do my best. Accept it.

Act in accordance with my own virtues and values. My own sense of

right and wrong. Always doing my best. Always being the best version

of myself in the moment.

You can get the International bestseller The Shi*t I Wished I learned in College here:

 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C5FMWDGW

No comments:

Post a Comment